Thursday, July 14, 2016

First Mexican Doctor Visit!


Last week I went to my first doctor here in Mexico! Luckily it wasn’t for anything serious (just some very itchy and spreading blisters/sores on my fingers and hands) but definitely something I needed to get checked out. This doctor has a consulting office, with the doctor by himself in a little office in a residential area (actually just about a 30 second walk from my house, conveniently for me). It was my first time experiencing what many immigrants or visitors to a foreign country probably feel when they go to the doctor in that country: I pretty much had no idea what he was telling me about my problem. Claudia came with me and she helped, but since the words he was telling me were words I had never heard before (like the blisters look like some kind of bite from some sort of insect/bug, but I’m not sure what…) it was really hard to understand exactly what caused my problem (a fly, a mite, a mosquito?). Luckily I understood what he told me I needed to do to get rid of them (with a little help from pantomiming). So I left not really understanding what the bites were from and just hoping that the ointments he prescribed me would work…Luckily after a week of using the ointments things seem to be clearing up. Let’s hope my last week here is uneventful in the illness/injury department and that I don’t need a return visit!

No comments :

Post a Comment