Sunday, January 17, 2016

Exciting News: ESA Graduate Student Policy Award!


I have some exciting news to share! I found out on Friday that I received a 2016 Ecological Society of America Graduate Student Policy Award! The award is a great opportunity to get more involved with the science-policy interface, and to learn how I can apply my own research and career to help inform policy decisions.

As part of the award, I will join a small group of other graduate students in Washington, D.C. in April to participate in the Biological and Ecological Science Coalition Congressional Visits Day, an annual event that brings scientists from many fields to the Capitol to highlight the need for federal support of science. We will receive hands-on training in science communication and policy, and will meet with Congressional representatives to discuss the importance of federal investments in the biological sciences.

I’m really excited about this opportunity and will keep you posted on how it all goes!

No comments :

Post a Comment